For rest of this document certain terms will be understood to mean the following:
- We/The Gallery/ Local Pieces – shall refer to the corporation Local Pieces LTD
- The Artist / The Teacher / Your Art / Your Class – These are in reference to an artist who has chosen to use our services and who has willingly engaged in business dealings with The Gallery.
- The Client / The Customer / The Consumer – Shall reffer to the person(s) paying to purchase the Artdisplayed for sale or a seat in a class offered by The Artist
- The Floor – Shall be in referrence to the Sales floor of the building where art is displayed for sale located on the main floor at 126 St Andrew St W Fergus Ontario.
Local Pieces LTD only functions thanks to the dedicaiton of it’s volunteer Artists, as suchj it is important to us that they not bge burdoned with more than the bare minimum needed to stay open. This is why we require that all artists will have to learn to enter their own data in to the website for each of their products.
We understand that computers can be a little daunting for some and we are happy to walk you through the process here in the gallery so that you can feel comfortable utilizing our site from anywhere you may bewith a computer and internet service
Gallery Commission Agreement:
Local Pieces LTD is a private corporation and is a for profit company as such we make money through commission of sales from the Art we display. As such, by signing up to display your art with us you are agreeing to the following terms:
- We have a base rate of 40% of pre-tax sales amounts. The amount of which is chosen and set by the artist while adhearing to the stated pricing rules below.
- There is an opportunity for The Artist to earn a lower rate no less then 30% by volunteering time at the Gallery to mind the works on The Floor and process sales for The Customer.
- Commission garnered through the Gallery are rated at 20% commmsion to the Gallery as a finders and facilitators fee. As these can often happen outside the Gallery we are trusting our Artists to be upfront when a commission is recieved from Gallery exposure.
- Understanding that it can be slow at times, We do not want to be seen as wasting anyones time just to mind the sales floor, we have as such chosen to encourage The Artist to bring their work in so that they might be productive in their field at the same time.
- We have also chosen to make available the ability to conduct classes and teach their skills to The Customer eager to learn.
The option to teach a class is offered to those Artists willing to help out the Gallery by volunteering their time minding The Floor.
The Gallery offers to facilitate and cover the cost of heating and hydro as well as provide the table which seats a max capacity of 8 Customers without room for the teacher and 7 with the teacher. Here are the details :
- The Gallery will only Collect 15% Commission with it understoosd that any promotions offered by the gallery will be no more then a 15% sale the entirty of which is to come from the Gallery portion of the sale.
- The Gallery is not responsible for the promotion advertising or solicitation of customers to fill your class. though we will promote it on our social media and offer a course despcription on The Floor
- The Artist is completely responsible for the set up and take down of any Gallery assets used during the class as well as the supply of materials for the class if they are part of the cost and not required to be brought by the customer.
- The Artist may offer the option for student to use the onsite facilities and shall accompany any of their student s down stairs knowing to ensure they do not wander around and disturb anything either thant he bathroom.
- All Classes times must be approved by The Gallery as well as subject matter as it would be best to not have competing subjects.
The Gallery will ensure the facility is locked with 24 hr survelance via nno less than 4 cameras on the floor at all times.
Whiile the Gallery may to host an event featuring The Artistit shall be only at our convienience and discretion to make such plans.
All other matters shall be discussed and dealth with on an individual basis with The Gallery Management.